Switching from a China plug to a Singapore plug

I purchased an item from China that came with a type I plug and I was wondering if I could switch it to a type G plug. It would make it easier for me to change the plug then to always use an adaptor.

I did change the plugs of a few appliances when I moved countries myself. I think long-term is the best solution. You need to be aware of local electricity regulations and perhaps you might even be required to have a certification. It all depends on local regulations. Probably the easiest is to pay a local certified electrician to do it for you.